Search
SSFTA Forums

ForumForumDiscussionsDiscussionsWebsiteWebsiteMemberMember's Rides sections
Previous Previous

Next
 Disabled
New Post
 1/27/2014 7:18 PM

One of the things that I enjoy each month in Mountain Bike Action magazine is the section on particular bikes.  They feature each month a pro rider and then have a picture of the rider with their ride.  It then lists all the modifications and details of their setup.  This lets readers see all the trick setups the factory boys have.

Ernest and I discussed setting up a similar section of our club members for the same.  We would post pictures of the members bikes and list all the modifications or setup.  Over the years, it will be fun to look back on what riders were running.  And it will also allow other members to see what setups we are currently using and what works for them.

Ernest had some valid concerns of security and theft and was rightfully hesitant to post until his concerns were addressed.  I spoke to a security expert and as long as no personal information is displayed (like address of the owner), and the picture's geo tag is removed, then it should eliminate security issues (nothing is 100% of course).  And that section is going to be voluntary, so if you aren't comfortable posting your bike because of security issues, don't post it.

So, let us know what you think!  If a majority like the idea, I have consented to first post my bikes with descriptions as an example.  From there, if everyone likes it, you can send your bike pictures and details to Ernest and he will post it.

So let us know what you think!

Doc

New Post
 2/11/2014 8:26 AM

I will be bringing samples of the "Member's Rides" photos and info to the meeting tonight.  That way you can look it over and if you like the idea, we can create a website section to do the same.  Take a look before the meeting or ask me and I will be happy to show you.....

Doc

Previous Previous

Next
 Disabled
ForumForumDiscussionsDiscussionsWebsiteWebsiteMemberMember's Rides sections

top of page